BINA Board Meeting, Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 3PM
Held at: Bill Arnold’s house
i. Championship Award tee shirts still at Rebecca’s house.
ii. $37 fee to convert graphic, to be paid for by the Association. Delay, but able to be here by Spring yardwork. Gilden coming out with a better “Bella” tee-shirt. Will distribute Dan’s tee-shirts with the rest.
iii. Rebecca will contact Dan about the decision made at last Board meeting regarding giving Dan all of the revenue from the shirts that do match our order.
a. Chapter 30 application has not been submitted (as of the meeting). Update as of 2/11/08: The application has been submitted! Pat Marsch requested Nahn to write a Resolution for the Park and Rec Committee to discuss approval of the floating dock (which can be paid for by the Sport Fishing Grant). Tim and Bill will attend the Park and Rec Committee meeting when this is discussed.
b. Nahn already wrote the two grants (Recreational Boating Facility & Sport Fishing), which are ready for submission after approval has been granted. Nahn is “on hold”.
a. Sport Fishing – needs City approval, can submit prior to submitting the grant. This would pay for the floating dock.
c. City does not have any money budgeted for 2008 for this project.
d. Project Documentation was picked up from Sam Rassumussen and transferred to Bill Arnold, who will copy all of the materials, so that Sam can retain the originals.
e. Next steps:
a. Assemble a TEAM of people to represent the Channel Residents to push this forward. Some nominees: Jesse O’Brien, Rob Everhart in addition to Bill Arnold and Tim Nicholson. Split the following tasks among team members.
b. Contact DNR to find out status/prospect of approval. Intent is to identify/fix any objections prior to declining our request for Chapter 30 permit.
Assuming Chapter 30 Approval:
c. Attend City Council meeting to inform of approval and the specific plans to move the project forward.
i. Next Meetings: Feb 18, Mar 3, Mar 17
d. Attend Public Works and Park & Rec meetings to provide project updates and next steps.
i. Next Meetings Public Works – Feb 11, ???
e. Contact Chuck Nahn regarding how to pay for floating dock. Work with City (Public Works – Mark Modaff?) to purchase and install.
f. Contact Chuck Nahn regarding grant applications. Establish timeline of when grants will be submitted/approved. Find out how Chuck has been/will be paid for his services.
g. Work with City Engineer? to distribute and collect RFPs from contractors to do the actual dredging work. Are there current RFPs already on file that need to be updated?
h. Contact City Administrator (Patrick Marsch) to determine payment plan for the project; are there contingency funds available? Special assessment for channel property owners?
i. Tammy – Pochahontas
ii. Mike – Winnequah Trail
iii. Larry – Nishishin
iv. Megan/Tim – Neponset & Tecumseh
v. Rebecca/Bill – Birch Haven
i. If no curb, residents pay 100% of cost.
ii. If residents pay curb and gutter, City will pay for 60% of street improvements. Concern about increased flooding if no curb.
iii. Confirm the above two bullet points to be true?