Oneida Park on Monday, July 17, 2018 (Photo by Allen Rieland)
All lakes have been above the summer maximum water levels for the entire summer of 2018. The goal is to continue to lower the lake levels.
The dams at Babcock County Park and LaFollette County Park are open.
A "slow-no-wake" order for all four Madison lakes was imposed after the record August 20th rainfall.
Below is a graph of Lake levels for the previous 30 days for Lakes Mendota and Monona.
Recent Lake Monona Water Levels (AMSL or Above Mean Sea Level):
(For reference, the two previous historical high levels were 847.86' on June 16, 2008 and 847.48' on June 15, 2000.)
- Wednesday, June 21, 2018: 847.22'
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018: 846.70'
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018: 846.24'
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018: 847.24'
- Thursday, September 6, 2018: 848.52'(New Record High)
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018: 848.12' (4.8" below new record)
- Monday, September 17, 2018: 847.83' (8.3" below new record, Same as old record)
- Monday, September 24, 2018: 847.66' (10.3" below new record)
- Monday, October 1, 2018: 847.53' (Raining but 12" below new record)
|NOTE: Tonyawatha and Winnequah Trail boat launches are currently closed for construction. Monitor Alerts
and view maps here.
The next scheduled Brush Collection for Summer of 2018:
To ensure collection, residents must have their brush at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of their collection week.
The City requests that residents not place brush at the curb more than two (2) weeks before their scheduled collection date.
- District 1: 10/08/2018
- District 2: 10/15/2018
- District 3: 10/22/2018
- District 4: 10/29/2018
Belle Isle is in District 3. Click on this District Map for a larger view.
NOTICE: The size of your brush pile must be no larger than 4 feet high x 4 feet wide x 10 feet long (4' x 4' x 10').
See Monona Yard Waste Collection Page for more information.
Yard Waste (not brush) can be brought to the Monona Public Works garage, 851 Femrite Drive (entrance on Edna Taylor Parkway) throughout the summer.
Click on above weather Conditions for details!
If you have a newsletter, a special neighborhood photo, or suggestions for new features, let us know! Send them to:
Allen Rieland, 1308 Nishishin Trail